AVEVA Everything3D™, enables the user to design a 3D computer model of a project. AVEVA E3D™ allows the user to see a full colour-shaded representation of the model as the design progresses, adding an extremely impressive level of realism to traditional drawing office techniques.
In the model, the user can store huge amounts of data referring to position, size, part numbers and geometric relationships for the various parts of the project.
The model becomes a single source of engineering data for all of the sections and disciplines involved in a design project.
All this information is stored in databases. There are many different output channels from the databases through which information can be passed on.
These range from reports on data stored in the databases, fully annotated and dimensioned engineering drawings, to full colour-shaded 3D walk-through capabilities which allow the user to visualise the complete design model.
AVEVA Everything3D™ (AVEVA E3D™) allows designers to utilise an array of applications contained within the program modules. This training guide provides discipline specific training for the Draw module.
Draw is the AVEVA Everything3D drawing production module where drawings are populated with information taken directly from the Design or Drawing Databases. The associated intelligence with the Design database ensures the drawing accurately reflects the intended design and updates automatically to reflect any changes to the model.
· Familiarise trainees with the basics of the User Interface.
· Explore the data structure of AVEVA E3D.
· Explain how to display and manipulate the 3D model.
· Explain basic techniques for creating and modifying 3D models.
· Familiarise the user with general functionalities.
· Explain the basics of Equipment Modelling in AVEVA E3D.
· Create equipment using primitives.
· Demonstrate the use of Standard Equipment models.
· Understand the basic concepts of pipes and branches
· Understand the use of piping specifications in AVEVA E3D
· Understand the concept of branch heads and tails, the importance of component list order and flow direction within a Branch
· Create position and orientate piping components.
· Modify pipe, branch and components
· Copying pipe, branch and components
· Use the Editor/Quick Pipe Router
· Create sloping pipes
· Modify bore and specification
· Perform Splitting and merging of pipes
· Run Data Consistency and to understand most of the diagnostic messages
· Perform simple Clash Checks and Produce Check Isometrics
· Introduce AVEVA E3D™ concepts specific to Structural Modelling.
· Explain how to create structural elements.
· Explain how to modify structural elements.
· Explain how to apply section fittings, section joints and panel fittings.
· Outline the use of Design Aids.
· Familiarisation of the AVEVA E3D Draw User Interface.
· An understanding of the Draw hierarchy and defaults to allow the creation of new Drawing Sheets.
· The ability to create and define Views within a Drawing Sheet, using 2D and 3D methods; and to understand how Views may be manipulated and modified.
· The ability to modify Views using Section Planes including Flat, Perpendicular and Stepped.
· The knowledge to be able to create and modify drawing annotation such as Labels, Dimensions and 2D Draw elements.
· The knowledge to employ Auto-tagging within a Drawing.
· An understanding to create and use Representation Rules.
· The ability to manage a drawing through the use of Revision Control.
· An understanding as to how a Drawing may be exported and printed
· To have a clear understanding of the basic features of AVEVA E3D™ HVAC modelling.
· To create and manipulate HVAC administrative elements.
· To create a sequence of HVAC components.
· To modify existing HVAC components.
· To have a clear understanding of the AVEVA E3D Cabling System application.
· To be able to create Cableways and Cableway branches.
· To be able to modify the Cableway route using route points and the model editor.
|Audience||All Designers and Engineers|
|Prerequisites||· Familiarity with Microsoft Windows. · Knowledge of engineering design.|