Much of the AVEVA E3D Design user interface is driven by forms which are opened from the buttons on the discipline interface or from other forms.
- Forms are used to display information or to enter or modify data
- The AVEVA E3D Design forms can be docked, undocked, resized, collapsed, hidden, split into segments and rearranged
Forms come in a variety of sizes and contain different input and modification devices, which are commonly referred to as gadgets. For example:
- Options lists
- Link labels, etc.
The forms are translucent by default, allowing the model elements on the background to be seen. When a form is clicked and being used, it becomes opaque. The translucency of the forms can be configured in the project options which is covered in a later chapter.
Most of the AVEVA E3D Design forms are dockable. The forms can be arranged in a fixed position, in two areas, located on the left and the right hand side of the canvas. These two areas, called Sliding Forms Sets, offer different functionality to display and arrange the opened forms.
A Sliding Forms Set:
- Allows multiple forms to be opened in multiple tabs
- May be split in two parts, the top and bottom segment. This allows two forms to be visible simultaneously
- May be collapsed on one side to enlarge the working area
- May be hidden to clear the canvas
- May be docked on one side of the canvas, or madefloating(positioned freely)